For over a decade, Gartner has named Microsoft as the leader in analytics and business intelligence - are you taking advantage of their continued innovation?
If not, you should be.
You can easily get started with PowerBI today by signing up for one of our two day PowerBI introductory training sessions; we will show you how using data will improve your business productivity and enhance efficiency.
Where? We will come to you
When? Whenever is best (the sooner the better)
Cost? £1,900 for the two day training course
Here is what we will cover:
What is Microsoft Power BI
Understanding the Power BI environment
Exploring Power BI Desktop
- Using report view to create visualisations
- Using the Data view to sort and format data
- Using the relationship view to manage relationships
Understanding Data sources in Power BI
- Overview of available data sources
Using Queries in Power BI Desktop
- Understanding the role of Queries in data import
- Understanding Extract, Transform & Load (ETL)
- Exploring a variety of data transformations
- Working with Applied Steps
Creating a Data Model in Power BI Desktop
- Understanding the Data Model
- Using Relationships View
- Creating Many-to-One relationships.
- Row level security
Introduction to DAX in Power BI Desktop
- Exploring the importance of custom calculations within the data model
- Creating Calculated Column
- Creating simple Measures to summarise data
Visualisations Workshop using Power BI Desktop
- Adding visualisations to the Report Canvas.
- Understanding and controlling interactions between visualisations.
- Using Drilldown and Drill Through on visualisations
- Creating and using Hierarchies
- Understanding Summarization options Importing Custom Visualisations.
- Creating and using tooltip
Exploring Power BI Service
- Publish your Report to PowerBI.com.
- Creating Dashboards.
- How to Share your Interactive Power BI Dashboards with people both inside your organisation.
Apps & Content packs
- Benefits of using Apps over content packs
- Creating Organisation Apps
- Creating organisation content packs
- Connecting to Cloud based Apps
- Manually refreshing data
- Creating a Scheduled Refresh