The client, UAB Baltic Larus, is a Kaunas-based meat products supplier founded in 2008. The company sells high-quality meat products, chosen from responsible suppliers within Europe, under the brand names Lapino Puota and Kitchen Me.
The client engaged Columbus to achieve the following goals:
- Analyze sales and inventory data available in the client’s NAV system
- Adapt Power BI solution to new analytical sections to meet the reporting needs of the company
- Enable complete visibility into the company’s results through quick daily reports
Why was Columbus chosen?
UAB Baltic Larus chose Columbus Lithuania for the latter’s experience of working with the client on implementing their business management system earlier. Columbus recommended and implemented Power BI as the business analytics tool and demonstrated the benefits of integrating data from Sales, Purchases, Inventories, and Finances.
Clear and constructive communication throughout the engagement, our employees’ professionalism made UAB Baltics choose Columbus over its competitors. The client was also impressed with the fast implementation, cost efficiency, and simplicity of the Columbus Power BI reports over the Dynamics NAV system.
The Power BI business analytics tool helped the client analyze complex data and prepare dynamic, informative reports, which allowed efficient decision-making. These reports provide information related to the company’s core business processes, sales, purchases, finances, inventories, and other data monitoring in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV system. Some of the Power BI reports include:
- Financial statements – to track the company’s assets, long-term and short-term liabilities, and capital, and evaluate the performance
- Sales reports – to predict the sales trajectory and profitability, analyze returns, identify the best customers, evaluate sales managers’ performance, control customer debts and cooperation history
- Purchases reports – to measure supplier utility and commodity prices, analyze returns, control cash flows, and make timely payments to suppliers
- Inventory reports – to ensure the optimal level of inventories at all times, estimate the turnover of goods and increase sales
- Quick and smooth implementation
- Achievement of the project goals per schedule
- Implementation of 15 purchases, sales, inventory, and financial reports
- Creation of an analytics section specifically to collect the company’s activities data from MS Dynamics NAV
- Significant decrease in time spent on the preparation of daily reports.
|Employees||Rūta Burdzilauskaitė, Marketing Director at UAB Baltic Larus|
|Challenges||Before introducing the Power BI tool, it took a long time to draw up Excel reports. It was not always possible to rely on the data processed as it was manual.|
|Results after the solution||The new Power BI system’s implementation saved us time and allowed us to perform accurate data analysis in real-time from any place and get results instantly.|
|About cooperation with Columbus||Columbus Lithuania is a team of professionals who always listen to their clients’ needs and implement innovative solutions. Clear and easily accessible company results mean saved time, effort, and more impactful business decisions.|
|Recommendation||The proposed Columbus solution not only saved us time and work efficiently but also improved our communication.|