Agricultural Cooperative (AC) Pienas is an open, reliable, and the largest dairy cooperative in the Baltic region, supplying high value-added dairy products to the global market. Ever since its establishment in 2008, the cooperative has been implementing the idea of vertically integrated cooperation.
Additionally, the multi-million dollar cooperative operates one of the most advanced milk processing plants in Kaunas, Europe, and exports cream and dry dairy products globally.
Why was the Columbus offer chosen?
The client chose Columbus as the implementer of this Power BI tool for the following reason:
- Columbus is a reliable industry and technology expert with experience in the food industry and the implementation of business analytics tools
- Offers unique reports that meet the needs of the company
- Competent, certified consultants and programmers
- Positive feedback from the Power BI community
- Clear and constructive communication throughout the engagement process
Columbus implemented Power BI for dynamic, informative reporting and quick analysis of key business indicators. Our reports track the company’s main business processes that monitor sales, purchases, finances, inventories, and other data from the client’s Microsoft Dynamics NAV system, allowing more effective business decision-making:
- Financial statements – analyses of the company’s assets, long-term and short-term liabilities and capital, and performance
- Sales reports – tracks the sales trajectory and profitability, analyzes returns, identifies the best customers, evaluates the work of sales managers, controls customer debts and cooperation history
- Purchases reports – evaluates supplier utility and commodity prices by analyzing purchase returns, controlling cash flows, and making timely payments to suppliers
- Inventory reports – ensures the optimal level of inventories, estimates the turnover of goods, reduces the number of goods remaining in the warehouse, and the timely sale of expiring goods
Columbus customized a Power BI solution for the client with Finance, Sales, Purchase, and Inventory/ Raw Material analytics reports. Along with the finances, sales, purchases, and inventories, the Power BI tool enables the client to create necessary new reports for informed decision-making and management.