Founded in 2001, UAB Minordija is a leading raw materials supplier for Lithuania’s confectionery and bakery products.
The key project goals were:
- To consolidate OLAP cube data across three companies located in three countries (LT, LV, EE) on different servers and networks and do not have direct access to the data
- To use Microsoft Power BI for visual analysis of CRM data (sales and tasks)
- To integrate Power BI functions to see company results and key business indicators visually and create reports
- To track essential business indicators on mobile devices daily and discuss them during meetings
Why was the Columbus offer chosen?
Columbus Lithuania had prior experience working with the client to implement their Microsoft Navision business management system and the OLAP analytics cubes. Our specialists’ technological and consulting competencies, high-quality solution presentations, and a shared vision were the deciding factors to choose Columbus as the business analytics tool’s implementation partner.
UAB Minordija’s OLAP cubes data was consolidated across LT, LV, EE locations on different servers and networks. The client used SQL queries to create and structure a data warehouse to transfer all the data to Power BI. The Power BI tool helped them determine the relationship between data structures, deductible fields, and CRM data visualizations. Analytics was used to group reports into two main areas:
- Sales Reports – to analyze sales results and compare them with the budget, evaluate managers’ performance and measure profitability
- Task Reports – to track the impact of campaigns executed and sales calls and meetings, and to manage contacts
- Consolidated all the OLAP cube data for the client and achieved their expectations
- Modified the consolidated OLAP cube data to change data links, add new analytical sections, create KPIs for business management and decision making
- Created a data warehouse that simplified data transfer to Power BI and made analytics more convenient
- Used Power BI to determine links between datasets, create report visualizations, and KPIs to measure success
- Trained the users to work with Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service, and Power BI Mobile applications
- Reduced the time required to prepare interactive visual reports that help determine key business management KPIs, business performance
- Provide easy access to these reports by making them available on mobile devices
Aleksandra Samuseva, OFI Baltic S&D IT Manager at UAB Minordija
Three companies of the group used BI analytics tools to consolidate data from its for different locations. However, consolidating this data into a single organizational structure created the need to analyze all three companies’ common data. The tools available at the time were not enough to do this efficiently and accurately.
|Results after the implementation||
Columbus Lithuania created a joint data warehouse, set data synchronization rules, and provided access to consolidated data via BI tools. The process made it easier, faster, and more accurate for the organization to analyze each company’s data individually and have collective analytics.
|About engagement with Columbus||
Columbus Lithuania consultants carefully the company’s needs to see any possible opportunities for improvement beforehand. The merging of the three countries’ data was identified as an option even before the Power BI project. The appointed programmer perfectly coordinated the different systems of these countries and resolved any arising issues. Power BI demo visualizations were created by considering the company’s activities’ specifics, and appropriate training was provided in the company’s office to resolve any relevant issues. The new tool will help expand the scope of analysis and provide new insights and daily work opportunities.
I can recommend Columbus Lithuania as a reliable partner who knows and understands both the systems’ capabilities and business specifics. A partner capable of combining this knowledge and developing a tool that helps create added value.